Mainstream media has limited the tag of ‘Skin Care’ under the pretense of Expensive Beauty Products and Skin Care Therapies. Although dermatologists and Skin Care Experts often chant the slogans on ‘Natural Skin Care Tips’, it is often ignored and subsided by the ragging marketing campaigns of high-class Beauty Brands. The result is a general lack of knowledge towards the natural techniques of Skin Care and the importance of Healthy Skin. Perhaps, it’s time to educate yourself towards the real meaning of skincare and migrate towards Natural Skin Care Tips to achieve Healthy Skin.
Homemade Natural Skin Care Tips
As much as marketing campaigns want us to believe, the Importance of Skin Care is not primarily limited to Chemical Products or Treatments. In fact, Healthy Skin Care is a part of a healthy lifestyle. Here is a list of Natural Skin Care Tips, Home Skin Care Remedies, and Everyday Home Care to help you achieve the Healthy and Glowing skin you always aspired for.
1. Educate Yourself on Skincare Ingredients
As consumers, it is our responsibility to understand and learn about the products that we apply to our skin. The cosmetic industry is highly unregulated with the use of a large diversity of chemical ingredients. Here is a list of toxic and abusive chemicals that you need to refrain from in Skincare Products;
- Parabens: Acts as a preservative that prevents the growth of bacteria or yeast. Increases the potential risk of Breast Cancer.
- Fragrance: Certain Fragrances can cause respiratory distress or reproductive issues. Try to avoid heavily scented products.
- Triclosan: An antimicrobial agent that can disrupt the endocrine system.
- Formaldehyde: A human carcinogen found in shampoos, makeup products, and nail polishes.
- Toluene/Toluol/Benzene/Methylbenzene/Phenylmethane: Cause serious developmental damages to fetuses during pregnancies.
- Phthalates: Increase the risk of breast cancer and reproductive birth defects.
- sodium Laureth sulfate (SLES) and Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS): Found in every 9 out of 10 beauty products. May act as carcinogen compounds or irritants.
Check the labels on your product before buying them. Keep an eye out for these toxic ingredients as they can be potentially harmful to your skin. Apart from this, you need to understand your skin type before selecting a product for your Skin Care Routine.
Find details on Natural Skin Care Tips Routine for Oily Skin and Dry Skin.
2. Improve your Diet and Eating Habits:
Incorporate antioxidants in your diet to improve your overall complexion and boost skin health. Antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, aids in the synthesis of collagen which protects your skin from sun damage and reduces discoloration. Try to avoid spicy and salty food as it can cause stomach issues and increase the level of stress and anger which can be harmful to your skin.
3. Try DIY or At-Home Beauty Products
Despite having the ‘All Natural’ tag, beauty products do contain a significant amount of non-organic ingredients. The best way to avoid using these products is to try DIY facial masks or At Home facial cleansers using the best natural ingredients for skin. You can also check our detailed article on Homemade Facial Cleansers for each skin type.
Here is a list of some of the popular recipes for beauty mask you can try at home:
- Brighten complexion and relieve acne: Turmeric, yogurt, and honey
- Control face oil: Apple cider vinegar and bentonite clay
- Natural Moisturizer: Oatmeal, milk, and mashed bananas
- Moisturizer: Aloe vera gel or coconut oil.
- Revitalizing face mask: Aloe vera, lemon juice, yogurt
- Skin-Tightening mask: Honey, lemon juice, and frothy egg white
- Moisturizing mask for hair: Olive oil and mashed avocado
- Mask for damaged hair: Coconut oil and almond milk
You can also use natural ingredients to make face scrubs at home with easy ingredients from your kitchen. Just combine your favorite organic oil, such as coconut oil or almond oil, with exfoliating ingredients, such as coffee grounds or sugar. And Voila! Your DIY face scrub is ready to use.
4. Take Care of Your Mental Health
Did you know your mental health has a direct and rather significant impact on your physical wellbeing? This also includes your skin and hair health. You might have noticed the changes in your skin during stressful weeks or events in your life.
Try adopting meditation habits to relax your mind and keep yourself calm. Also, read about stress management techniques to ease your mental health and stress.
5. Stay Hydrated
Every doctor on the planet literally screams the importance of drinking sufficient water in a day. For radiant and glowing skin, it is important to drink a minimum of 8 glasses in a day. It keeps your skin hydrated, reduces puffiness under the eyes, and gives your skin a glowing outlook.
6. Switch to Natural Cleansers or Soap
A face wash or a cleanser is one of the must-have beauty products for your Skincare Routine. Switching towards a Natural Face Cleanser or soap is an excellent way to enhance your skin health. Organic soaps contain glycerin with natural ingredients, such as honey, oats, milk, or essential oils. In this way, you can avoid the use of processed ingredients, such as potential allergens, irritative fragrances, or palm oil.
Learn more about Natural Cleansers for Oily Skin and Dry Skin.
7. Add Biotin Supplements and Micronutrient to your Diet
Biotin helps to create keratin which promotes hair and nail health while also improving your complexion. Our body only needs 30 mcg in a day, therefore, make sure to not overdose. Apart from this, you can add additional Zinc, Vitamin A, B, C, and E to your diet to improve your overall hair and skin health.
Here you go, Folks! Here’s your complete list of the best Natural Skin Care Tips for a glowing and healthy look. Let us know if we missed anything in the comments below!
How to Clean Your Face Naturally at Home?
Switching towards a natural face cleanser or soap is an excellent way to enhance your skin health. Organic soaps contain glycerin with natural ingredients, such as honey, oats, milk, or essential oils. You can also make these at home or try a ‘Homemade Facial Cleanser’ to naturally clean your face.
What does all-natural mean?
A product that uses all organic or raw materials instead of processed ingredients is termed as ‘All Natural.’ Products with the label USDA organic certification contain 95% natural and organic ingredients.
How to Moisturize face Naturally?
Coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel is one of the best ways to moisturize the face naturally at home.
What are the Benefits of Natural Skin Care Tips?
Traditional skincare products contain processed ingredients that may act as irritants, chemical carcinogens, or allergens. These may cause serious harm to our skin health and physical wellbeing in general.
Shifting towards natural ingredients can help your skin feel better with minimum to no side effects in the long run. Apart from this, it also aids to save the environment by waste reduction and exposure to harmful chemicals. Lastly, it can also help you save loads of money.